Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Bruce Davidson


Bruce Davidson is, like Martin Parr > see article <,  another photographer from the famous Magnum agency.
In this interview he looks like one of the old men my brother used to fish with. But he's definitely more than a retired sunday fisherman. He appears like a shaman blessed by photography "I have this vision of highways and trees, of the nature that always find a way to live even under concrete."What a nice metaphor to describe the city of angels...

His cliches of the city are one of the most poetic I've ever seen. Like most people, I guess, I'm tired of urbanscapes in black and white that have invaded every tasteless living rooms and "design" restaurants. Davidson's cliches show a more unexpected face of the city, the reverse side.

This interview has been proposed by my friend Monica, a very passionate and smart girl who has very interesting artistic tastes.


"If I am looking for a story at all, it is in my relationship to the subject - the story that tells me, rather than that I tell" Bruce Davidson

No comments: